Launch dates for 2020
* 12 July
* 16 August
* 13 September
* 18 October (Flames, Smoke & Noise Spectacular)
* 8 November
* 13 December
How to get to QRS Launch Site 2
The Queensland Rocketry Society conducts rocket launches at Cedar Grove, about 15km south of Jimboomba. Jimboomba is approximately 40km by road from the centre of Brisbane. From Brisbane, travel south along the Mount Lindesay Highway (Route 13) towards Beaudesert. The Mount Lindesay Highway passes through the township of Jimboomba, just after it crosses the Logan River. The following map and directions guide you from Jimboomba to the launch site.
1. From Jimboomba, continue travelling south along Mount Lindesay Highway (Route 13) for 9.5 km (7 min’s)
2. Just past the sign for Cedar Vale, turn right into Cedar Grove Road.
3. Continue along Cedar Grove Road for 4.5 km (approx 5 min’s)
4. You will pass through the township of Cedar Grove and come over a rise where you will see a wide flat plane. The launch site is on the right-hand side of the road.
If you have GPS navigation, the launch site is located at the following
South 27.85325, East 152.96258